Updated on Feb 6th 2024 based on the version endorsed by the Coreper I on Feb 2nd
1. The Commission may request the provider of the general purpose AI model concerned to provide the documentation drawn up by the provider according to Article 52c [Obligations for providers of general purpose AI models] and 52d [Obligations on providers of general purpose AI models with systemic risk] or any additional information that is necessary for the purpose of assessing compliance of the provider with this Regulation.
2. Before the request for information is sent, the AI Office may initiate a structured dialogue with the provider of the general purpose AI model.
3. Upon a duly substantiated request from the scientific panel, the Commission may issue a request for information to a provider of a general purpose AI model, where the access to information is necessary and proportionate for the fulfilment of the tasks of the scientific panel according to Article 58b [Scientific panel](2).
4. The request for information shall state the legal basis and the purpose of the request, specifying what information is required and set the period within which the information is to be provided, and the fines provided for in Article 72a [fines] for supplying incorrect, incomplete or misleading information.
5. The provider of the general purpose AI model concerned or their representatives and, in the case of legal persons, companies or firms, or where they have no legal personality, the persons authorised to represent them by law or by their constitution shall supply the information requested on behalf of the provider of the general purpose AI model concerned. Lawyers duly authorised to act may supply the information on behalf of their clients. The latter shall remain fully responsible if the information supplied is incomplete, incorrect or misleading.
Please keep in mind that this form is only for feedback and suggestions for improvement.