1. Member States shall undertake the following actions:
- provide SMEs, including start-ups, with priority access to the AI regulatory sandboxes to the extent that they fulfil the eligibility and selection criteria;
- organise specific awareness raising and training activities about the application of this Regulation tailored to the needs of the SMEs, including start-ups, and, as appropriate, local public authorities;
- where appropriate, establish a dedicated channel for communication with SMEs, including start-ups and, as appropriate, local public authorities to provide advice and respond to queries about the implementation of this Regulation, including as regards participation in AI regulatory sandboxes.
2. The specific interests and needs of the SME providers, including start-ups, shall be taken into account when setting the fees for conformity assessment under Article 43, reducing those fees proportionately to their size, market size and other relevant indicators.
3. The Commission shall undertake the following actions:
- upon request of the AI Board, provide standardised templates for the areas covered by this Regulation;
- develop and maintain a single information platform providing easy to use information in relation to this Regulation for all operators across the Union;
- organise appropriate communication campaigns to raise awareness about the obligations arising from this Regulation;
- valuate and promote the convergence of best practices in public procurement procedures in relation to AI systems.