1. General purpose AI systems which may be used as high risk AI systems or as components of high risk AI systems in the meaning of Article 6, shall comply with the requirements established in Title III, Chapter 2 of this Regulation as from the date of application of the implementing acts adopted by the Commission in accordance with the examination procedure referred to in Article 74(2) no later than 18 months after the entry into force of this Regulation. Those implementing acts shall specify and adapt the application of the requirements established in Title III, Chapter 2 to general purpose AI systems in the light of their characteristics, technical feasibility, specificities of the AI value chain and of market and technological developments. When fulfilling those requirements, the generally acknowledged state of the art shall be taken into account.
2. Providers of general purpose AI systems referred to in paragraph 1 shall comply, as from the date of application of the implementing acts referred to in paragraph 1, with the obligations set out in Articles 16aa, 16e, 16f, 16g, 16i, 16j, 25, 48 and 61.
3. For the purpose of complying with the obligations set out in Article 16e, providers shall follow the conformity assessment procedure based on internal control set out in Annex VI, points 3 and 4.
4. Providers of such systems shall also keep the technical documentation referred to in Article 11 at the disposal of the national competent authorities for a period ending ten years after the general purpose AI system is placed on the Union market or put into service in the Union.
5. Providers of general purpose AI systems shall cooperate with and provide the necessary information to other providers intending to put into service or place such systems on the Union market as high-risk AI systems or as components of high-risk AI systems, with a view to enabling the latter to comply with their obligations under this Regulation. Such cooperation between providers shall preserve, as appropriate, intellectual property rights, and confidential business information or trade secrets in accordance with Article 70. In order to ensure uniform conditions for the implementation of this Regulation as regards the information to be shared by the providers of general purpose AI systems, the Commission may adopt implementing acts in accordance with the examination procedure referred to in Article 74(2).
6. In complying with the requirements and obligations referred to in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3:
- any reference to the intended purpose shall be understood as referring to possible use of the general purpose AI systems as high risk AI systems or as components of AI high risk systems in the meaning of Article 6;
- any reference to the requirements for high-risk AI systems in Chapter II, Title III shall be understood as referring only to the requirements set out in the present Article.
Please keep in mind that this form is only for feedback and suggestions for improvement.